This guide covers how to set up a Cloud Server in minutes using Bytemark Panel.
- Login to the Bytemark Panel
- Click the ‘Servers‘ tab and click the green ‘Add a cloud server‘ button.
Selecting your options
- Enter a name for your Cloud Server.
- Select where you want it to be hosted (York or Manchester).
- Drag the slider to select your required resources.
- Select your desired operating system. If you want to install an operating system from your own ISO file, select ‘None / Custom‘.
- Select the size of your root disc and add additional drives as required.
- Select a backup schedule.
- Add a firstboot script if required.
- Select the type of authentication you want to use.
- Review your choices and click the green ‘Add this server‘ button when you are happy.
Important: A root password will be generated for you automatically. Please make a note of it!