Custom ISOs allow you to install nearly any Operating System on your Bytemark Cloud Server.
With this updated workflow, you no longer need to create a server then mount the ISO file, making your workflow even more efficient.
How to Use Custom Cloud Server Imaging
- Login to Panel and click ‘Cloud Servers’
- Click ‘Add a Cloud Server’
- Complete basic details on the form, selecting the appropriate server configuration
- In the ‘Operating System’ section, click ‘None/Custom’
- Paste in your ISO URL. You can find helpful ISO images at https://mirror.bytemark.co.uk
- Click ‘Add this Server’
- Click ‘Start’ in the main Panel for your server, created in the previous steps
- Click ‘Console’
- Click Ctrl-Alt-Delete in the top right to boot from the ISO.
- Continue with your installation
Tips on Using This Feature
- Install Extra Operating Systems: You can install operating systems we don’t provide default images for, such as OpenBSD, Rancher or CoreOS, or modify an operating system we already offer. For example, add additional packages to Ubuntu and install by default.
- Launch Standardised Cloud Servers in Bulk: If part of your infrastructure involves creating many Cloud Servers, you can save time by developing a custom ISO with the environment, packages and utilities you need to get started.