You do not have to use the name servers provided by your domain registrar! You can register a domain with Bytemark and use someone else’s name servers, or register a domain with another registrar and use Bytemark’s name servers.
This article describes how to change the name servers for a domain that is registered with Bytemark.
If your domain is not registered with Bytemark but you have hosting services with us, you are welcome to use our name servers, but you will need to change them using your existing domain registrar’s control panel. See our content DNS article for more information.
Changing the name servers for a domain
- Login to the Bytemark Panel
- Click the ‘Domains‘ tab
- Click the ‘Registrar tools‘ button for the domain you want to change the name servers for. The domain management portal will open in a new window.
- Click the ‘Name Servers‘ link from the top menu
- Click the ‘Manage Name Servers‘ link.
- Your current name servers should be listed on this page. Make your changes and click the ‘Save Configuration‘ button when you are done.